Try this great pasta salad recipe...Mexican style !
- 1/2 lb. any short pasta, like penne
- 1 cp. corn kernals
- 3 minced scallions
- 1 cp. chopped bell peppers (try and make it colorful)
- 1 1/2 cps. cooked kidney, pinto, or black beans
- 1 cp. chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 sliced Spanish olives
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- pepper and salt, to taste
- lowfat chedder cheese, grated (optional)
- salsa (optional)
Cook pasta to al dente (about ten min.) in boiling water. During the final two minutes, add corn. Drain the corn and pasta, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
Combine scallions, bell peppers, beans, tomatoes, olives, olive oil, lemon (or lime) juice, cumin, pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl. Stir in the pasta and the corn. Add salt to taste. Serve
immediately or chill for later. Add a little cheese and/or salsa to each serving if so desired. Great pasta salad recipe Mexican style is ready to serve..nice one !