ORIENTAL CHICKEN PASTA SALAD ....try this nice pasta salad recipe...!
Pasta Salad Recipe INGREDIENTS
- 3/4 lb. Fusilli pasta
- 3/4 lb. chicken breast, cooked, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 lb. pea pods, sliced diagonally
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 egg yolk, raw
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. Oriental sesame oil, brown
- 1/4 c. mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 c. fried wontons (wonton skins cut in 1/4 inch strips, quickly fried in hot oil)
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted (saute in hot pan without any oil, until browned)
Boil pasta 10 to 12 minutes until firm but tender. Rinse, toss with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add remaining "salad" ingredients and chill.
TO MAKE DRESSING: Place first 5 "dressing" ingredients in blender or food processor and mix thoroughly. With motor running slowly, add the oils. Dressing should be thick (like mayonnaise). Chill dressing. Have garnishes ready.
TO SERVE: Toss salad with dressing, top with garnishes.
The pasta salad recipe of oriental chicken is ready to serve....great !