SICILIAN PASTA PESTO SALAD ...try this amazing pasta salad recipe ! A nice one ....
- 2 lbs. ziti, penne, or other pasta, cooked
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnut or pine nuts (optional)
- 4-6 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-4 anchovies, blended (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- dash of black pepper
- salt to taste
Place the olive oil into a small saucepan add the garlic, red pepper, grated imported Parmesan cheese and herbs and spices.
Crush the anchovies into the oil until blended. Bring to a simmer for 1 minute and immediately remove from heat.Pour this mixture over cooked hot pasta, stir well, and serve with bruschetta.
Can also be served at room temperature. This great pasta salad recipe of pesto is ready to serve. Enjoy it !